Skip to main content

Agony

It was a gloomy and a rainy afternoon. It was after my final exam, Biology was over.


I had to study like a crazy kid who was born to study. I had to give up my online gaming, phone and many more.
There were several thunder strikes during the Biology exam, which was somehow making me feel worried, as if something bad was about to happen. But I told myself to stay calm, and not to be scared. This was it, I studied so much for this paper, and I had to do it well.
I did managed to finish the paper, and I felt refreshed as the teacher collected my Biology paper, which I would never see it again in my life as it was a national exam.

My friends were excited like the small kids who just received their chocolates after finishing their untasteful vegetables. They were all planning to go to PC room(LAN - Local Area Network) to play their usual online game, LoL(League of Legends), which they did not played for months. I was actually planning to just go back to my house to sleep, and have a break by having a long sleep. Since I had a grandfather who was not in a good health condition.
But my friends forced me to go to PC room to play with them, and I had no choice. I also asked a good friend of mine, Kim to come along, who was also reluctant to go after the last exam.


We went to the PC room to play our usual game, LoL. All of us went wild. We bought cup noodles, MacDonald food, drinks and so on. The gloomy-atmosphere and the noise in the PC room made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but it was also somehow very exciting from outside.

As we were in the middle of the game, my phone rang. I wondered who called me, then I realised that it was already very late, 9PM. But we still had 2 more hours to play before our PC room time was up. The call ended, then my phone rang again, and this continued for around 4 times. I was very irritated, because I was busy concentrating on playing the game with my friends. Finally, I answered the call in an unwilling manner.

"Hello? What do you want?" I asked harshly. I did not know who called as my phone had a problem of not showing the person who is calling.

"---..--------...-----...." the person who called replied. It was so gentle I could not hear. The noisy environment in the PC room made it even more difficult to hear.

"What? I cannot hear! Speak louder!" I shouted, although I did not mean it. The momentary excitement in the PC room made me impatient.

"---...--------....!" the person said something, and it sounded urgent.

"I CANNOT HEAR! FUCK!" I shouted angrily.

"Hey! The enemy is going to kill you!" my friend alerted me.

I just switched off the phone, frustrated, and continued playing the game. Throughout the time I was playing, I had an uncomfortable feeling and as we finished playing, the feeling became worse. It was already 11PM, and it was still raining heavily, even more than in the morning when we were taking our exam.

"It is very late. We better go home!" I told my friends.

"Oh come on! Tomorrow is Saturday, and our exams are over for goodness sakes!" one of my close friend replied me. "We should go for a second round of fun...how about a movie?" he demanded.

"Sure! Yeah, we should go for a movie now! I have nothing to do at home. You all too right?"

"It is on! Let's go!" another friend said.

I was feeling very bad about going for a movie at this time, but I just had no choice as everyone was asking me to go. I also asked Kim to go for the movie and he did, unwillingly again.
When we finished watching our movie, it was almost 2AM. We said "Bye" to each other and went home, and we were separated from each other one by one. Rain was not stopping even by then.

"It is really late...my parents are going to kill me!" Kim complained to me.

"Yes...so sorry to have made you come along. But we had fun right?" I tried to be as cheerful as possible, although I was definitely not.

"I guess so. I better go now. See you!" he gave me a smile which looked involuntary, and he ran off under the pouring rain

When I was walking back home, I switched on my phone.
21-missed calls.
Only then did I realised that something must have happened at home.
My parents were in overseas business and my younger sister was also in her overseas camp, and my grandfather was alone!
Wishing any of my undesirable thoughts to be untrue, I started running back home, feeling very scared.
I reached my house at around 2.30AM, and after I unlocked my house door, I swung it open.

"Grandpa?!" I shouted.

As my sixth sense had been telling me, my grandfather was lying down on the living room floor, with his medicine in his loosened left hand and his old-2G mobile phone in his loosened right hand. To my horror, I dashed into the house without even taking off my shoes.

"Grandpa... Grandpa?!? Grandpa!!!" I kneeled down beside him, and shook him. He did not respond, and he was not breathing. I felt lost and frightened.

"GRANDPA!!! OH MY GOD!!! GRANDPA!!! WAKE UP!!!" tears rolled down my cheek uncontrollably as I shook him more violently.


As I was crazily shaking him and crying like an insane guy, my phone rang. I just answered it as tears continued to roll down my cheek.

"HEY!!! KIM HAVE BEEN KNOCKED DOWN BY A TRUCK!!! HE IS..." I dropped my phone, and stared outside the living room window, as if I have just lost everything in my life. A deep sorrow came out from my heart, and I was telling myself that this was not happening. I carried my grandfather to a nearby Hospital, not caring other people's stare to my direction. The doctor told me sadly that my grandfather had passed away. As I heard the news, I fainted, for the first time in my life.


As I am staring at the white ceiling of the Hospital, tears still flow out of my eyes, wetting the pillow that is under my head. I was informed that Kim had also died due to the accident.
What is going to happen to me now? How will my parents and my younger sister feel?

Only if I didn't go to PC room with my friends.
Only if I didn't asked Kim to go along with me.

I lost both my grandfather and my friend.
It is not even my fault indirectly. It is my direct fault.
Fuck my life...








--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Don't let your momentary excitement get you to behave aggressively! Because you will regret it.

-Do not allow such things like game to control over your life.

-Don't always say "f**k my life (fml)"! So many people nowadays say fml even with small problems.

-If you have a sense of reluctance not to do something, just don't do it! Even if your friends ask you.

-When you feel uncomfortable in doing something, think about the reason why it feels uncomfortable, and try to do something else.

This kind of situation in the story should never happen to any of us.

Those were the thoughts that I was having when I was writing the story! Haha.

Jun

Popular posts from this blog

My Lonely Trip to "the" Itaewon 이태원; How Does This Place Look Like?

L et me get straight to the point. I came across 10 Transgender Bars. This blog post will be super useful for you if you are planning to visit Itaewon 이태원 of Korea, or simply interested in how does this "infamous" place looks like. I'm not sure how non-Koreans heard of Itaewon; but in Korea, it is commonly thought of as a non-conservative, rowdy, dirty and an "adult" place . It is even referred to as a Red Light District from time to time. So,,, how does this place really look like?? Let's just go and see it for myself. Let's take a moment to look at this Transgender Bar. Can't believe this is Korea wtf      And that's how I ended up going to Itaewon, alone . To make the story short, it was a night on June 27th 2018, the FIFA World Cup day where Korea had an epic match with Germany. I had a Spicy Cold Noodle, called Bibimmyeon, with my grandma. And at about 9 pm, I told her that I will go out and just walk around. Being my kind

Hospital Roommate

Randy got into an accident and was sent to an emergency room in a hospital. He was hospitalized. He got into a two-people room and hence met a roommate. The roommate also met in an accident and lost an arm, and she was in a fatal state. She also did not had any family members, and Randy wanted to care for her. He talked to her frequently and listened to her problems well. They became very close friends. After a month, Randy had finally recovered and could leave. On the day he was discharged from the hospital, his roommate was away. She was busy with her surgery. However, he was too excited to go back to his home and meet his friends that he just left without waiting for his dear roommate. Randy enjoyed his life with friends and games as he was no longer sick , and totally forgot about his roommate. After a few days, he remembered about his sick roommate and felt extremely guilty. 'I must go back to the hospital today and talk to her, and see how is she doing.

Cursed Shampoo

It is the day my girlfriend died, or I should say, the day she killed herself. What an awful and a horrible day today is. Probably the worst day of my life, seriously. I still feel like vomiting, as if my stomach is going to be exploded. My entire body feels like it wants to crush into pieces, with all the despairing guilt. All the shocks that I received today is too much for me to believe, and I still cannot believe that whatever happened is true. My girlfriend committed suicide today, because of me. When I heard the news that she killed herself, I could not even cry because it was too scary and unbelievable. Someone killed herself because of me. Never in my life did I imagine such thing would happen. I feel hopeless, and want to seek for help. Find someone to talk to, cry in front of them, and confess all the regretful things that I have done to my girlfriend. First, my parents do not even know that I even have or had a girlfriend. And I am now living alone i